rotate and scale

eprpic

rotate and scale

Postby eprpic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 am

Hello, and have a happy new year! :)
It would be nice if you'd put rotate (just 90-180-270) and scale features for editing symbols (in database) on your to-do list. :)
I'm just now drawing a 3P+N surge arrester with gas suppressor and varistor. It's quite a complex symbol to draw, I can't rotate it and I must define a symbol for all four rotation aspects although I'll only ever use the straight (0º) one. :|

admin
Site Admin

Re: rotate and scale

Postby admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am

Happy new year to you too!

Actually you can rotate automatically in database editing. Right click the "1. Main version" of the logic symbol and in the popup menu then click "Create rotated version". This will create the +90, +180 and +270 versions. You might need to make the symbol editing space larger (before rotating) as the symbol is rotated around the zero position and might go out of the editable screen. As alternative, you can use ALT+A and then ALT+M to move all objects back to the editable screen.

Scale function is on to-do list but I doubt I will ever have time to implement. I feel there is more important functions to add.

And you don't have to create the rotated versions of a logic symbol. It's optional.

eprpic

Re: rotate and scale

Postby eprpic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:56 am

Thank you for a swift reply! :)
Scale is not so important, true.
My problem was that I copied one earlier symbol to work from there and not from scratch, and it had rotated symbols already defined so Elwin didn't let me save the database because there was discrepancy between main and rotated. Now I tried to delete rotated symbols completely and it worked (I didn't try this at first because I thought you can't delete anything from the database...).
Anyway, all clear now, thanks!

Return to “Database editing”