How to change logotype / Edit page header ?

johan

How to change logotype / Edit page header ?

Postby johan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi!
I want to change the 3xM logotype in the bottom of the page to my company logotype.
How to do this?

/Johan

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to change logotype / Edit page header ?

Postby admin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:01 am

You will have to edit the page headers in your database.

Usually, you are using the database that was included with Elwin. This database has the 3xM logo in the bottom of each page header type. You can edit the page headers by open the database for editing.

1. Open the database you are using in your project (usally IEC_v1.2.8.ewd) by clicking PROJECT in the menu bar, then click OPEN.
2. Change file format to Elwin database *.ewd
3. Locate the database file IEC_v1.2.8.ewd (usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Elwin\Database) and click OPEN
4. In the project tree, locate PICTURE and right click, then ADD PICTURE
5. Click OPEN in the dialog box and find the picture you want to add to the database. There is no file size limit but try to use a file with max 20kB.
6. Click OK
7. Open the page header you want to edit in the project tree, i.e. Page header -> Circuit diagram -> PH_CIRC by double click.
8. Right-click existing logotype and press DELETE.
9. Add the new logotype by clicking DRAW in the menu bar, then click PICTURE
10. Click two times to form a rectangle for the picture position and size.
11. In the dialog box, then select the picture(logotype) you want to use.
12. Repeat 7-11 for all page header types you want to change picture (logotype)
13. Click PROJECT in the menu bar, then click SAVE to save the changes in the database.

It's recommended to make a backup of the original database before start editing. Keep in mind the database consists of two files with same name but different file extensions (*.ewd and *.ewd00). You will need to backup both files.

Return to “Database editing”