.ewp lost

Lemming

.ewp lost

Postby Lemming » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am

Have had this happen a few times in the past, but just occurred again. Editing a project earlier today, have come back to it and the *.ewp file is gone from the project directory. Using V1.2.10.
Restored from an archive OK.. but shouldn't happen. Have confirmed is not in the recycle bin or anything stupid..

admin
Site Admin

Re: .ewp lost

Postby admin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:11 am

Is it possible your virus software move it to a "safe" position?
What Windows version?
Are you saving the project to a server (or similiar) or directly locally on your computer?

patrik

Postby patrik » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 am

Yes, there is a bug when saving.
If you click cancel during the saving process then the original ewp file will be lost.
However, if you continue working with the project at this time, click save and let the saving process finish then you will not even be aware of the bug.

Shutting down the project (or close Elwin) after click save / cancel will permanently lose the ewp file. So until next update (I assume this is easy to fix ;) ) don't click Cancel during the saving process.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Checked the code and can confirm there is bug related to the saving and cancel button.
This will be fixed in the next update.

As Patrik mentioned, be aware of the Cancel button situation when saving projects.

Lemming

Postby Lemming » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks for the update.

Another issue..

In a layout model with multiple objects selected and moving using the arrow keys, have had intermittently the whole program freeze. can exist out without killing the process.

Cheers Chris

Lemming

Postby Lemming » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:32 am

Also meant to mention, when duplicating drawing components, find it easier to open a second dummy project, and simply replace then copy back on a new page. When I open the 2nd instance of Elwin, it always opens the last project, even if it's already open and being edited.. Would have thought this a bad idea ??

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:15 am

I have been trying to replicate the bug when moving several objects on a layout page but without success.
Is there any particular object that is always included in the movement when this happens?

Regarding the issue of second instance of Elwin opens the last project might be a bad idea. However, as long as you don't press save in the second instance it should be fine.
In the next upgrade I will add a question when trying to open a project that is already opened.

Return to “General questions”