dashed line

petsan

dashed line

Postby petsan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi Elwin,
Normally the signals to ground (PE) are indicated with a dotted line, is it possible to insert this type of line? Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: dashed line

Postby admin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi,

Elwin does not currently have this function.
I will put it on the to-do list but can not guarantee when it will be implemented.

eprpic

Postby eprpic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 pm

If I may, I'd like to point out that it is "normal" (default) behaviour in E-Plan, but, according to IEC, it's a standard for single-pole diagrams. In multipole diagrams there is no explicit regulation about this. I prefere not to mark neutral or PE leads this way because I find it readability-reducing.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes, that's a good point.
I have also seen some different ways of drawing the ground line and personally I prefer to show as a continous line.
If this function will be implemented then it will be a project setting defining how to draw the PE line.

RyanS

Postby RyanS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Could it also be an option on a connection point to have a dashed line? For example, on a motor T1, T2, T3 and PE connection.

It is fairly common to use a dashed line to represent field wiring vs in panel wiring.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 am

RyanS,
Different connecting lines on field wiring is nice but requires more work as this setting needs to be in each cable lead symbol. For only PE dashed lines it would be easier as there is already a hard-coded PE terminal definition.

But the correct way of doing it would be to have the line definition in the cable lead symbol or wire type symbol. And if I do the effort this would be the correct way of doing it. Thanks for pointing this out!

Next question would be how/where to do the line defintion? Like 4mm line, 2mm space, 4mm line and so on...
In project setting of each project or hard-coded line defintions?

Return to “General questions”