Project Showcase

RyanS

Project Showcase

Postby RyanS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Figured I'd see if anyone else had a project to 'show off'.

Here is one I did recently.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/da701d610/qf3gkcfy-xv2xsjhi-te5ndhsf-8h5ckc2j

admin
Site Admin

Re: Project Showcase

Postby admin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm

RyanS,

Looks good!
Actually it's the first time I see Elwin in a NEMA project. I wonder if there is anything does not work very good when trying to use Elwin with NEMA standard (except missing all the NEMA symbols in the standard database library)?
I know about the 0.1 limitation in layout pages from previous posts.

RyanS

Postby RyanS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:35 pm

The biggest issue with NEMA is the fact that they don't typically use the location rows + columns, but instead the ladder number (page # + row#).

This is why I have two columns (0, 1) and 21 rows (A-U). I can then do a search and replace in Autocad with the DXF to replace them with proper ID's. (example, .0A becomes "00" and .1A becomes "40".

I could just use 1 row - but unfortunately most customers require an ANSI "D" size with the two columns.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah, I can also not solve those two columns in a nice automatic way in Elwin.
One column is possible to make in a nice way but not two.

Only way would be to make a new page header type called "Circuit diagram NEMA". Seems also the wire cross ref type doesn't show the ID, right? This would be easy to fix by adding option "Show/Hide wire cross ref. ID".

RyanS

Postby RyanS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Yes the show/hide would be awesome for the wire cross reference. For now, I have it set at .1 text hidden behind the arrows.

Terminals are a little different. Terminals follow the wire # - but don't have to have the pin #. I also hide those as .1 text on a 45 deg. angle with the slash.

It would be amazing if you could also allow the wire names to have the Page/Row/Column separator as well so the wire name and wire references would match. (wire # 1.0A1 instead of 10A1)

As it stands, I can't really take advantage of the automatic wire numbering, but there are enough other features to make it worth my while over plain autocad.

Return to “General questions”