Wire cross reference in multiple sheets

esparksrl

Wire cross reference in multiple sheets

Postby esparksrl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:22 am

Good morning.

I tried to use the same wire cross reference in more than one sheet.
This is a normal way to connect many breakers than you can draw in a single sheet.
All works fine if I use L1, L2, L3, N as explained in the program's help.

But, my project have more than one power supply for different groups of breaker, so I need to use different names for some wires.
Elwin don't allow to use other than L1, L2, L3, N for this purpose.
How can I solve this situation?

Many thanks
espark

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wire cross reference in multiple sheets

Postby admin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 am

Espark,

Not sure if you have a problem with wire cross reference symbols or wire name symbols.

There are some restrictions when using wire cross reference symbols:
You are only allowed to one pair with exact same name on each page.
If you have L1,L2,L3 on many pages which is very common, then this is allowed only if you have one input and one output on the same page.
If you create a new busbar separated by a circuit breaker on of those pages, then it's recommended to name those L1a, L2a or similiar to other pages.

If you have problem with the wire name symbol:
The are two options for your project regarding naming the wires, wire or potential names. See project settings, tab Preferences, setting "Potential wire name".
If not selected:
You are only allowed to use the exact same wire name once per project.
If selected:
All wires on the same potential will get the same wire name.

Hope this information will help you.

esparksrl

Postby esparksrl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:54 am

Hi Admin

I messed up with the configuration of the symbol, between in/out and right/left.
After you explanation, everything works correctly.

Many thanks for your very fast answer!!

espark

esparksrl

Postby esparksrl » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:35 am

Hello.

Again, I have problems with wire cross reference.
My project is composed by some installations, that I used in order to divide the different parts.
Some wire, and wire cross reference, are used in different installations.
I checked the correct use of the pairing in the same page, so, for example, the wire cross reference [LBL1] is used in installation 300/page 301 as output, followed by one input and one output in the next 302 and 303 pages. In this case the program create the correct labeling.
But, if I use the same wire cross reference [LBL1] from installation 300 also in the installation 400/ page 401 as input, no label for cross reference is inserted by the program.
The pages 402, 403 and following are correctly labeled for cross reference inside installation 400.
I think the program is not able to link the two different installation, but only inside the same installation.
Despite this, if I create one wire cross reference out in installation 300, and one wire cross reference input in installation 400, the link is done.
I investigated using the Edit/Search option, but I cannot understand where is the problem.
I see some reference to the labels indexed as /301, some other as 400/401, I don't know why.

Many thanks

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:28 pm

espark,

You are right: The cross reference symbol can NOT reference from installation/location to another installation/location. However, this rule only applies when cross reference names are used as duplicates (like commonly used L1)

So:
Inst/Loc1: You can use L1 from page to page within same inst/loc.
If you want to make a reference from inst/loc1 to inst/loc2, then you have to use an unique name (like L1-A) on last page in inst/loc1 and first page in inst/loc2.
Now in inst/loc2 you can continue to use only L1 to make references within inst/loc2

This tend to be a little bit un-logical, but the intention of installation and location is to be separate control panels.

Hope this information will help.

esparksrl

Postby esparksrl » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi Admin.

I have seen everything you have written and I understand why the program works this way, it's logical and correct.
I was hoping there was a setting that allows overriding this rule.

Many thanks
esparksrl

Return to “Project editing”